Some 42% of US IT decision makers have taken no steps or are unaware of any progress being made in the migration towards EMV, research from Randstad Technologies finds, with only 58% actively preparing in time for the October liability shift deadline. “A majority indicated little concern for the magnitude of risk associated with missing the deadline,” it adds.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale