Londoners may soon be able to pay with their contactless cards at market stalls across the city as a result of the £20m London Regeneration Fund launched by mayor Boris Johnson. “Ideas could include giving customers the opportunity to pay with their contactless credit card at a market stall, or providing customised discounts and services for local shops straight to customers’ mobile phones,” the mayor’s office says.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India