Nokia has sold its mapping and location intelligence service Here to a consortium of automotive companies including Audi, BMW and Daimler. “The transaction values Here at an enterprise value of €2.8bn,” Nokia says. Here launched the Open Mobile Ticketing Alliance (OMTA) to develop a global standard for NFC ticketing services last month.
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China
- M-Pesa founder shares lessons learned from ten years of mobile money