Nokia has sold its mapping and location intelligence service Here to a consortium of automotive companies including Audi, BMW and Daimler. “The transaction values Here at an enterprise value of €2.8bn,” Nokia says. Here launched the Open Mobile Ticketing Alliance (OMTA) to develop a global standard for NFC ticketing services last month.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps