More than 25% of the world’s population will use mobile banking in the next four years, research from KPMG using data from UBS Evidence Lab reveals, predicting the number of users will double to 1.8bn. “Mobile banking is clearly supplanting all other channels as the main portal between the bank and the consumer,” says KPMG’s David Hodgkinson. “Banks must adapt or die.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments