More than 25% of the world’s population will use mobile banking in the next four years, research from KPMG using data from UBS Evidence Lab reveals, predicting the number of users will double to 1.8bn. “Mobile banking is clearly supplanting all other channels as the main portal between the bank and the consumer,” says KPMG’s David Hodgkinson. “Banks must adapt or die.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?