People’s Bank of China has proposed new regulations that could force internet companies Alibaba, Tencent and Baidu to offer each others’ online payment services alongside their own. “If payment services from social networking and online entertainment firm Tencent and search firm Baidu are offered on Alibaba’s ecommerce sites, users could opt to use those,” Reuters reports. “Alternatively, Alipay could cement its dominance if customers opt to use it on rivals’ platforms.”
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods