Some 11% of US retailers have already integrated a loyalty program into a mobile payment app, while 40% plan to do so within the next two years and 20% in three to five years, research from Boston Retail Partners reveals. Meanwhile, 29% allow customers to redeem rewards on mobile devices and 25% give customers access to special offers.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai