Korean card issuers will adopt biometric recognition solutions from September following clearing from the Financial Services Commission. “BC Card is the first local financial institution to launch a biometric recognition and settlement service next month using a fingerprint scanning system,” Korea Bizwire reports. “Shinhan Bank is preparing to introduce a vein pattern recognition system, while Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) is focusing on iris technology.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year