Korean card issuers will adopt biometric recognition solutions from September following clearing from the Financial Services Commission. “BC Card is the first local financial institution to launch a biometric recognition and settlement service next month using a fingerprint scanning system,” Korea Bizwire reports. “Shinhan Bank is preparing to introduce a vein pattern recognition system, while Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) is focusing on iris technology.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?