Korean card issuers will adopt biometric recognition solutions from September following clearing from the Financial Services Commission. “BC Card is the first local financial institution to launch a biometric recognition and settlement service next month using a fingerprint scanning system,” Korea Bizwire reports. “Shinhan Bank is preparing to introduce a vein pattern recognition system, while Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) is focusing on iris technology.”
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores