Indian advertising platform InMobi has unveiled Miip, a platform that can be integrated into mobile apps to allow users to make payments through buy buttons on product ads. The company has partnered with “several partners” to pilot the platform, including Amazon and India’s largest mobile wallet provider Paytm. “Miip will be available for all customers over the next few months,” InMobi says.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone