Employees of Taiwan’s CTBC Bank have begun piloting an ATM that uses both a finger vein scanning solution from Hitachi and facial recognition technology to authenticate transactions. “The pilot programme utilising biometric security began this week for employees working at the CTBC Financial Park in Taipei’s Nangang Business Park,” Planet Biometrics reports.
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year
- Rabobank includes value added services in HCE mobile wallet
- Messaging service Line looks to cryptocurrencies for payments