Employees of Taiwan’s CTBC Bank have begun piloting an ATM that uses both a finger vein scanning solution from Hitachi and facial recognition technology to authenticate transactions. “The pilot programme utilising biometric security began this week for employees working at the CTBC Financial Park in Taipei’s Nangang Business Park,” Planet Biometrics reports.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security