Employees of Taiwan’s CTBC Bank have begun piloting an ATM that uses both a finger vein scanning solution from Hitachi and facial recognition technology to authenticate transactions. “The pilot programme utilising biometric security began this week for employees working at the CTBC Financial Park in Taipei’s Nangang Business Park,” Planet Biometrics reports.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments