Employees of Taiwan’s CTBC Bank have begun piloting an ATM that uses both a finger vein scanning solution from Hitachi and facial recognition technology to authenticate transactions. “The pilot programme utilising biometric security began this week for employees working at the CTBC Financial Park in Taipei’s Nangang Business Park,” Planet Biometrics reports.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash