The Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) has published a mobile payments white paper intended to “encourage the introduction and adoption of new and innovative mobile payments products and services in Canada without compromising the integrity of the Canadian payments infrastructure”. The Payments Security White Paper was developed by BMO Bank of Montreal, CIBC, National Bank of Canada, RBC Royal Bank, Scotiabank and TD Bank Group.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments