Indian mobile payment provider ToneTag, which enables contactless payments through mobile phones using sound waves or NFC technology, has raised US$1m from Reliance Capital. “ToneTag works on all mobile devices including feature phones and does not require any capital investment in existing infrastructure,” Iamwire reports.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain