Indian mobile payment provider ToneTag, which enables contactless payments through mobile phones using sound waves or NFC technology, has raised US$1m from Reliance Capital. “ToneTag works on all mobile devices including feature phones and does not require any capital investment in existing infrastructure,” Iamwire reports.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet