Indian mobile payment provider ToneTag, which enables contactless payments through mobile phones using sound waves or NFC technology, has raised US$1m from Reliance Capital. “ToneTag works on all mobile devices including feature phones and does not require any capital investment in existing infrastructure,” Iamwire reports.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?