Indian mobile payment provider ToneTag, which enables contactless payments through mobile phones using sound waves or NFC technology, has raised US$1m from Reliance Capital. “ToneTag works on all mobile devices including feature phones and does not require any capital investment in existing infrastructure,” Iamwire reports.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India