Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments