Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets
- Android O to offer autofill for payments
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans