Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users