Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- Serbian bank launches HCE mobile payments
- Magazine focuses on Indian demonetisation and mobile money
- Apple buys facial recognition startup
- TfL and Barclaycard to extend contactless network
- EMV card shipments grow less than 1% in 2016