Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones