Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’