Mobile payments consortium MCX will test its CurrentC mobile wallet in Columbus, Ohio, in the coming weeks, The Wall Street Journal reports. Plans for the pilot were unveiled in July, after MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and said it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April. Member retailer Rite Aid says it will accept Apple Pay and other mobile payment services from August 15.
- JCB to add support for Google Pay in Japan
- South African retail giant Shoprite moves into mobile payments and banking
- Hyundai to add support for payments in cars
- Google Pay adds support for Japanese payment cards
- PayPal extends its partnership with Google Pay