Users of Canadian NFC mobile wallet Ugo will be able to store gift cards from today by scanning the card with their smartphone camera. The move comes as a survey by Ipsos on behalf of Ugo showed 54% of Canadians would use gift cards to their fullest value, and sooner than they do now, if they could store them on their smartphone and scan them at checkout.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit