Users of Canadian NFC mobile wallet Ugo will be able to store gift cards from today by scanning the card with their smartphone camera. The move comes as a survey by Ipsos on behalf of Ugo showed 54% of Canadians would use gift cards to their fullest value, and sooner than they do now, if they could store them on their smartphone and scan them at checkout.
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry