Users of Canadian NFC mobile wallet Ugo will be able to store gift cards from today by scanning the card with their smartphone camera. The move comes as a survey by Ipsos on behalf of Ugo showed 54% of Canadians would use gift cards to their fullest value, and sooner than they do now, if they could store them on their smartphone and scan them at checkout.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API