Samsung Pay will launch in Korea on 20 August and in the US on 28 September, the handset maker confirmed as it announced two new flagship devices in New York yesterday. “Samsung plans to roll out the service in the UK, Spain and China as well,” the company says of its fingerprint-secured NFC- and MST-based mobile payment offering. “Select US users of Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 5 will be able to participate in a beta trial from 25 August ahead of the 28 September launch.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works