Apple has added a further 18 banks and credit unions to its list of financial institutions in the US supporting Apple Pay, putting the total close to 500. “Apple Pay is now available in both the US and the UK — the next country to gain support could be Canada,” Apple Insider reports, adding an announcement could be made next month.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts