Apple has added a further 18 banks and credit unions to its list of financial institutions in the US supporting Apple Pay, putting the total close to 500. “Apple Pay is now available in both the US and the UK — the next country to gain support could be Canada,” Apple Insider reports, adding an announcement could be made next month.
- Japanese bank to combine fingerprint and vein verification for cardless transactions at ATMs and teller windows
- Apple publishes video guide to using Apple Pay Cash
- Visa publishes future of security roadmap
- Six in ten card present transactions are now made with an EMV chip card
- Nintendo and Kellogg’s add NFC tags to cereal boxes