Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless carrier in the US, may not support Samsung Pay when it launches there next month. “Right now it will only say that it’s ‘evaluating’ the service and will share more news as it’s available,” The Verge reports. US carriers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and US Cellular are listed among Samsung Pay’s initial partners.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa