Switzerland’s largest supermarket chain Migros has launched a mobile payments service first mooted in January, allowing customers to make purchases using a Migros app linked to their Migros Bank account or credit card. “During the payment process, it generates a code that is then scanned at the cash register,” Migros says. Users can also store gift cards, receipts and coupons on the app.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai