Switzerland’s largest supermarket chain Migros has launched a mobile payments service first mooted in January, allowing customers to make purchases using a Migros app linked to their Migros Bank account or credit card. “During the payment process, it generates a code that is then scanned at the cash register,” Migros says. Users can also store gift cards, receipts and coupons on the app.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay