Switzerland’s largest supermarket chain Migros has launched a mobile payments service first mooted in January, allowing customers to make purchases using a Migros app linked to their Migros Bank account or credit card. “During the payment process, it generates a code that is then scanned at the cash register,” Migros says. Users can also store gift cards, receipts and coupons on the app.
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module
- Most US banks expected to renew Apple Pay contracts
- Barclays CEO: Payments is the battleground of finance
- Gates Foundation releases Mojaloop open source mobile payments software
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India