About US$1tn will be spent using mobile payments services in 2017, up 124% from less than US$500bn expected in 2015, International Data Corporation says. “Asia/Pacific markets will contribute to this growth greatly as mobile commerce transactions with remote payments take off across the region,” the company predicts, adding the region is “expected to lead the world in mobile payment developments”.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features