About US$1tn will be spent using mobile payments services in 2017, up 124% from less than US$500bn expected in 2015, International Data Corporation says. “Asia/Pacific markets will contribute to this growth greatly as mobile commerce transactions with remote payments take off across the region,” the company predicts, adding the region is “expected to lead the world in mobile payment developments”.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API