More than six million customers have signed up for Visa Checkout since its launch last year, Visa reports. The platform has nearly 250,000 merchants while financial institution partners have grown to over 330. “In recent months, no less than 33 new merchants, ranging from Best Buy and Under Armour to Barnes & Noble and Taco Bell, have signed on,” the payment network says.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants