More than six million customers have signed up for Visa Checkout since its launch last year, Visa reports. The platform has nearly 250,000 merchants while financial institution partners have grown to over 330. “In recent months, no less than 33 new merchants, ranging from Best Buy and Under Armour to Barnes & Noble and Taco Bell, have signed on,” the payment network says.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API