Samsung has begun inviting those eligible to take part in a Samsung Pay beta test in the US ahead of the mobile payment service’s launch next month. Participants must own a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ or Galaxy Note 5, have an active Samsung account, a qualifying card and be a customer of AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or US Cellular. Verizon Wireless is yet to announce its support.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API