Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security