Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service