Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works