Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain