Credit card processor North American Bancard has introduced a new version of its PayAnywhere mobile credit card reader, which accepts Apple Pay, contactless NFC payments and magnetic stripe credit cards. The device, which is EMV-capable and available for iOS devices, will cost US$39.95, the company says, adding it will offer merchants “$5,000 free in Apple Pay transaction processing with a new PayAnywhere account”.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions