Indian mobile wallet provider Oxigen Wallet has partnered with loyalty program provider PayBack to allow customers to earn PayBack points and redeem them as cash, to make online and bill payments. As well as payments, Oxigen Wallet lets users send and receive money through social network channels, and to and from mobile phone numbers, and is certified by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing