A new update to the Google Play services app could let users select between Google Wallet and Android Pay under a ‘Tap and Pay’ option. “The only problem is this feature has to be turned on by Google before it becomes accessible,” Android Authority reports. Android Pay is expected to launch “soon”, according to a tweet from the official Android account.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India