A new update to the Google Play services app could let users select between Google Wallet and Android Pay under a ‘Tap and Pay’ option. “The only problem is this feature has to be turned on by Google before it becomes accessible,” Android Authority reports. Android Pay is expected to launch “soon”, according to a tweet from the official Android account.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users