A new update to the Google Play services app could let users select between Google Wallet and Android Pay under a ‘Tap and Pay’ option. “The only problem is this feature has to be turned on by Google before it becomes accessible,” Android Authority reports. Android Pay is expected to launch “soon”, according to a tweet from the official Android account.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API