Samsung has unveiled the Samsung Gear S2, its latest smartwatch which includes NFC for payments. “Samsung is working to expand the usability of wearables,” the company says, “including smart car keys, residential room keys and remote controls to manage a connected home.” The Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic will be showcased at Tempodrum, Berlin this week.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay