Samsung has unveiled the Samsung Gear S2, its latest smartwatch which includes NFC for payments. “Samsung is working to expand the usability of wearables,” the company says, “including smart car keys, residential room keys and remote controls to manage a connected home.” The Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic will be showcased at Tempodrum, Berlin this week.
- Dutch rail operator pilots open loop ticketing service
- Rohm to use ST NFC chips for wireless charging in cars
- Juniper forecasts a billion mobile ticketing users in 2019
- Microsoft to shut down its Microsoft Wallet service
- MTS to roll out open loop ticketing on buses and trains in San Diego