Samsung has unveiled the Samsung Gear S2, its latest smartwatch which includes NFC for payments. “Samsung is working to expand the usability of wearables,” the company says, “including smart car keys, residential room keys and remote controls to manage a connected home.” The Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic will be showcased at Tempodrum, Berlin this week.
- Chinese mobile payments exceed US$1tn in one quarter
- Mobile World Congress survey: IoT and mobile payments ‘biggest business opportunities’ for 2017
- Cook: Apple Pay has “hit an air pocket”
- Apple Pay begins major promotional campaign in Japan
- EcoCash and Mahindra win GSMA best mobile payments solution award