Taxi service Uber is to introduce its own mobile payment wallet in India, Times of India reports. “At present, consumers can pay for Uber trips via Paytm wallet. It [Uber] recently tied up with Airtel Money to facilitate payments via the latter’s wallet. The latest plan is in line with the firm’s ambition to make India its second biggest market after the US.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform