Point-of-sale terminal maker Ingenico has submitted a bid for UK-based payment processor WorldPay. “WorldPay is heading for a London stock market flotation in autumn that could value it at around £6bn (US$9.24bn), but has been targeted by several private equity and rival firms,” Reuters reports. The news follows a Bloomberg report last week that claimed Germany’s Wirecard has also joined the bidding.
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module
- Most US banks expected to renew Apple Pay contracts
- Barclays CEO: Payments is the battleground of finance
- Gates Foundation releases Mojaloop open source mobile payments software
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India