Point-of-sale terminal maker Ingenico has submitted a bid for UK-based payment processor WorldPay. “WorldPay is heading for a London stock market flotation in autumn that could value it at around £6bn (US$9.24bn), but has been targeted by several private equity and rival firms,” Reuters reports. The news follows a Bloomberg report last week that claimed Germany’s Wirecard has also joined the bidding.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments