Point-of-sale terminal maker Ingenico has submitted a bid for UK-based payment processor WorldPay. “WorldPay is heading for a London stock market flotation in autumn that could value it at around £6bn (US$9.24bn), but has been targeted by several private equity and rival firms,” Reuters reports. The news follows a Bloomberg report last week that claimed Germany’s Wirecard has also joined the bidding.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security