Point-of-sale terminal maker Ingenico has submitted a bid for UK-based payment processor WorldPay. “WorldPay is heading for a London stock market flotation in autumn that could value it at around £6bn (US$9.24bn), but has been targeted by several private equity and rival firms,” Reuters reports. The news follows a Bloomberg report last week that claimed Germany’s Wirecard has also joined the bidding.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app