India’s biometrics market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 35% from 2015 through 2020, according to TechSci Research. “Fingerprint biometrics is the largest market segment in terms of revenue contribution, followed by iris and facial recognition,” the company says. “Voice recognition is the fastest growing segment on account of rising application in banking and integration in handheld devices.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?