Android Pay will launch “very, very soon,” Google’s head of commerce partnerships Jack Connors told Mobile Payments Conference in Chicago this week. “I will be very surprised if, come November, an Android user doesn’t know about Android Pay,” Connors said, adding the service will come equipped with ‘Smart Tap’, a feature allowing users to pass information such as mobile loyalty cards with payment details at checkout.
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology
- Jack Ma’s Ant Financial nearly doubles profits amid deal push