Android Pay will launch “very, very soon,” Google’s head of commerce partnerships Jack Connors told Mobile Payments Conference in Chicago this week. “I will be very surprised if, come November, an Android user doesn’t know about Android Pay,” Connors said, adding the service will come equipped with ‘Smart Tap’, a feature allowing users to pass information such as mobile loyalty cards with payment details at checkout.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash