Nintendo’s New Nintendo 3DS system will launch in the US on September 25, including “a wider range of controls, face-tracking 3D and built-in NFC functionality that allows for communication with Amiibo figures”, the company says. It will also launch an NFC reader/writer accessory to allow players to use Amiibo figures and cards on all other 3DS systems.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities