Almost half of US bank CEOs and directors worry about potential competition from Apple, with 63% saying they don’t think their bank is ready to offer Apple Pay, findings from Bank Director’s 2015 Growth Strategy Survey reveals. Only 18% say their bank offers Apple Pay, while more than three quarters indicate plans to invest more in technology within their bank’s branch network.
- Calling all payment, card and secure credential technology suppliers
- US survey finds growing support for biometrics as a replacement for passwords and PINs
- Samsung and LG to launch low-end smartphones that support their mobile payment services
- Gemalto agrees to be acquired by Thales
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018