Almost half of US bank CEOs and directors worry about potential competition from Apple, with 63% saying they don’t think their bank is ready to offer Apple Pay, findings from Bank Director’s 2015 Growth Strategy Survey reveals. Only 18% say their bank offers Apple Pay, while more than three quarters indicate plans to invest more in technology within their bank’s branch network.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies