Almost half of US bank CEOs and directors worry about potential competition from Apple, with 63% saying they don’t think their bank is ready to offer Apple Pay, findings from Bank Director’s 2015 Growth Strategy Survey reveals. Only 18% say their bank offers Apple Pay, while more than three quarters indicate plans to invest more in technology within their bank’s branch network.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022