US-based First Internet Bank is letting customers log in to their mobile banking app by scanning their eye, using Eyeprint ID technology, rather than entering a user ID and password. “Eyeprint ID technology captures an image of the eye and matches the unique vein pattern to verify identity,” the bank says. It added support for Apple’s Touch ID in May.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay