US-based First Internet Bank is letting customers log in to their mobile banking app by scanning their eye, using Eyeprint ID technology, rather than entering a user ID and password. “Eyeprint ID technology captures an image of the eye and matches the unique vein pattern to verify identity,” the bank says. It added support for Apple’s Touch ID in May.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain