US-based First Internet Bank is letting customers log in to their mobile banking app by scanning their eye, using Eyeprint ID technology, rather than entering a user ID and password. “Eyeprint ID technology captures an image of the eye and matches the unique vein pattern to verify identity,” the bank says. It added support for Apple’s Touch ID in May.
- Dutch rail operator pilots open loop ticketing service
- Rohm to use ST NFC chips for wireless charging in cars
- Juniper forecasts a billion mobile ticketing users in 2019
- Microsoft to shut down its Microsoft Wallet service
- MTS to roll out open loop ticketing on buses and trains in San Diego