US-based First Internet Bank is letting customers log in to their mobile banking app by scanning their eye, using Eyeprint ID technology, rather than entering a user ID and password. “Eyeprint ID technology captures an image of the eye and matches the unique vein pattern to verify identity,” the bank says. It added support for Apple’s Touch ID in May.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features