Samsung has confirmed its mobile payment service Samsung Pay will be made available on its recently unveiled Gear S2 smartwatch from November, Droid Life reports. The device will also let wearers make Alipay barcode payments in Beijing and Shanghai, store digital coupons through FidMe and unlock Yale Real Living Locks using Yale Digital Keys stored on the smartwatch.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet