Samsung has confirmed its mobile payment service Samsung Pay will be made available on its recently unveiled Gear S2 smartwatch from November, Droid Life reports. The device will also let wearers make Alipay barcode payments in Beijing and Shanghai, store digital coupons through FidMe and unlock Yale Real Living Locks using Yale Digital Keys stored on the smartwatch.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit