Commuters across the UK city of Manchester will soon be able to buy Metrolink tickets using a Get Me There mobile app and make contactless payments for printed tickets at more than 250 machines, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has announced. Bus operators Arriva, First and Stagecoach will also introduce smartcards that can be used across the region.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform