Commuters across the UK city of Manchester will soon be able to buy Metrolink tickets using a Get Me There mobile app and make contactless payments for printed tickets at more than 250 machines, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has announced. Bus operators Arriva, First and Stagecoach will also introduce smartcards that can be used across the region.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills