The number of NFC mobile wallets is expected to reach 200m by the end of 2016, up more than 100% from the end of 2014, research from Juniper Research reveals. “The launch of Apple Pay has prompted a hive of activity in the contactless arena,” the firm says. “Samsung Pay and the forthcoming Android Pay will no longer need to seed the market.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform