The number of NFC mobile wallets is expected to reach 200m by the end of 2016, up more than 100% from the end of 2014, research from Juniper Research reveals. “The launch of Apple Pay has prompted a hive of activity in the contactless arena,” the firm says. “Samsung Pay and the forthcoming Android Pay will no longer need to seed the market.”
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service