The number of NFC mobile wallets is expected to reach 200m by the end of 2016, up more than 100% from the end of 2014, research from Juniper Research reveals. “The launch of Apple Pay has prompted a hive of activity in the contactless arena,” the firm says. “Samsung Pay and the forthcoming Android Pay will no longer need to seed the market.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works