The number of NFC mobile wallets is expected to reach 200m by the end of 2016, up more than 100% from the end of 2014, research from Juniper Research reveals. “The launch of Apple Pay has prompted a hive of activity in the contactless arena,” the firm says. “Samsung Pay and the forthcoming Android Pay will no longer need to seed the market.”
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology