“We are seeing strong uptake; these technologies will take time to grow but we’re seeing adoption track really well,” MasterCard’s chief emerging payments officer Ed McLaughlin said of Apple Pay during an interview with Fortune. “Android Pay is going to be more interesting because it will be compatible to Google’s latest version of its operating system. It will be interesting to see how quickly that moves.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?