“We are seeing strong uptake; these technologies will take time to grow but we’re seeing adoption track really well,” MasterCard’s chief emerging payments officer Ed McLaughlin said of Apple Pay during an interview with Fortune. “Android Pay is going to be more interesting because it will be compatible to Google’s latest version of its operating system. It will be interesting to see how quickly that moves.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments