Financial institution ING has acquired Belgian digital loyalty platform Qustomer for an undisclosed sum. “With Qustomer, users can collect and redeem loyalty points from shops and other retail outlets using a physical card with QR code technology or via the Qustomer application on their smartphone,” ING says. The bank said in June that it will launch an HCE mobile payments service in the Netherlands soon.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands