Financial institution ING has acquired Belgian digital loyalty platform Qustomer for an undisclosed sum. “With Qustomer, users can collect and redeem loyalty points from shops and other retail outlets using a physical card with QR code technology or via the Qustomer application on their smartphone,” ING says. The bank said in June that it will launch an HCE mobile payments service in the Netherlands soon.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points