Financial institution ING has acquired Belgian digital loyalty platform Qustomer for an undisclosed sum. “With Qustomer, users can collect and redeem loyalty points from shops and other retail outlets using a physical card with QR code technology or via the Qustomer application on their smartphone,” ING says. The bank said in June that it will launch an HCE mobile payments service in the Netherlands soon.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities