Contactless transactions grew by almost 170% year-on-year in Q2 2015 across Europe and consumers already using contactless tapped 20% more often, research from MasterCard reveals. “Contactless spend tripled in Europe compared to Q2 2014,” the company says. “In Q2 2015, 1 out of 2 contactless transactions were done at food stores, followed by 14.5% at restaurants and bars and 10% at retail stores.” MasterCard will make high value contactless payments available across Europe by 2017.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign