Samsung Pay is averaging 25,000 new users and more than US$620,000 in transactions per day since its launch in Korea last month. “Samsung EVP Injong Rhee said in an interview the firm will likely launch new mid- and low-tier smartphones compatible with Samsung Pay next year,” Reuters reports.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet