Samsung Pay is averaging 25,000 new users and more than US$620,000 in transactions per day since its launch in Korea last month. “Samsung EVP Injong Rhee said in an interview the firm will likely launch new mid- and low-tier smartphones compatible with Samsung Pay next year,” Reuters reports.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants