Samsung Pay is averaging 25,000 new users and more than US$620,000 in transactions per day since its launch in Korea last month. “Samsung EVP Injong Rhee said in an interview the firm will likely launch new mid- and low-tier smartphones compatible with Samsung Pay next year,” Reuters reports.
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China