Samsung Pay is averaging 25,000 new users and more than US$620,000 in transactions per day since its launch in Korea last month. “Samsung EVP Injong Rhee said in an interview the firm will likely launch new mid- and low-tier smartphones compatible with Samsung Pay next year,” Reuters reports.
- Chinese mobile payments exceed US$1tn in one quarter
- Mobile World Congress survey: IoT and mobile payments ‘biggest business opportunities’ for 2017
- Cook: Apple Pay has “hit an air pocket”
- Apple Pay begins major promotional campaign in Japan
- EcoCash and Mahindra win GSMA best mobile payments solution award