Some 180,000 Canadians have now installed the Suretap NFC mobile wallet and the average value per transaction has increased 22% month over month since its launch in June 2015, the company has revealed. Suretap has also launched a virtual prepaid MasterCard that can be used inside the wallet. Debit cards, loyalty cards, digital coupons and deals will be added in future.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments