Some 180,000 Canadians have now installed the Suretap NFC mobile wallet and the average value per transaction has increased 22% month over month since its launch in June 2015, the company has revealed. Suretap has also launched a virtual prepaid MasterCard that can be used inside the wallet. Debit cards, loyalty cards, digital coupons and deals will be added in future.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent