Almost one fifth (18%) of the 720m Visa-branded credit, debit and prepaid cards in the US included an EMV chip and some 295,000 merchant locations were enabled for chip card acceptance as of July 2015, up 19% from 247,000 at the end of June 2015, Visa has told NFC World. Some 36,663 ATMs can now read EMV chip cards.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash