Almost one fifth (18%) of the 720m Visa-branded credit, debit and prepaid cards in the US included an EMV chip and some 295,000 merchant locations were enabled for chip card acceptance as of July 2015, up 19% from 247,000 at the end of June 2015, Visa has told NFC World. Some 36,663 ATMs can now read EMV chip cards.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies