Almost one fifth (18%) of the 720m Visa-branded credit, debit and prepaid cards in the US included an EMV chip and some 295,000 merchant locations were enabled for chip card acceptance as of July 2015, up 19% from 247,000 at the end of June 2015, Visa has told NFC World. Some 36,663 ATMs can now read EMV chip cards.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK