Mobile messaging app Kik has introduced Kik Codes, QR codes which can be assigned to users and scanned to start a conversation or used by brands to send out offers. “Kik Codes also work with groups: just scan to join a group or show your code to a friend so they can easily join in,” the company says. Photo messaging platform Snapchat adopted QR codes in February.
- Intesa Sanpaolo pilots contactless biometric payment card in Italy
- Los Angeles Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing on Apple Watch and iPhones
- Sam’s Club unveils mobile-first store that showcases the latest payments and retail technologies
- Target equips staff with mobile POS terminals for faster Black Friday checkout
- 7-Eleven pilots mobile self-checkout in 14 US stores