Mobile messaging app Kik has introduced Kik Codes, QR codes which can be assigned to users and scanned to start a conversation or used by brands to send out offers. “Kik Codes also work with groups: just scan to join a group or show your code to a friend so they can easily join in,” the company says. Photo messaging platform Snapchat adopted QR codes in February.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security