Mobile messaging app Kik has introduced Kik Codes, QR codes which can be assigned to users and scanned to start a conversation or used by brands to send out offers. “Kik Codes also work with groups: just scan to join a group or show your code to a friend so they can easily join in,” the company says. Photo messaging platform Snapchat adopted QR codes in February.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone