Mobile messaging app Kik has introduced Kik Codes, QR codes which can be assigned to users and scanned to start a conversation or used by brands to send out offers. “Kik Codes also work with groups: just scan to join a group or show your code to a friend so they can easily join in,” the company says. Photo messaging platform Snapchat adopted QR codes in February.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay