Mobile messaging app Kik has introduced Kik Codes, QR codes which can be assigned to users and scanned to start a conversation or used by brands to send out offers. “Kik Codes also work with groups: just scan to join a group or show your code to a friend so they can easily join in,” the company says. Photo messaging platform Snapchat adopted QR codes in February.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’