Technical specifications for Apple’s new flagship smartphones — the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus — reveal that the devices will support Apple Pay. There’s no news yet on whether the phone maker has added support for NFC tag read/write or peer-to-peer communication modes in the devices announced this week, however. NFC World has asked Apple for further clarification.
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case
- Samsung Pay Rewards expands to Spain