Some 13% of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment, up from 3% last year, Deloitte’s Mobile Consumer 2015 report reveals. 1% do so once or twice per day, 2% do so several times a week, 2% do so once a week and 4% do so less often than once a week while 4% have only ever used it once or twice.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities