Some 13% of UK consumers have made an in-store mobile payment, up from 3% last year, Deloitte’s Mobile Consumer 2015 report reveals. 1% do so once or twice per day, 2% do so several times a week, 2% do so once a week and 4% do so less often than once a week while 4% have only ever used it once or twice.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale