ING has begun testing a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in the Netherlands after unveiling its plans to do so in June. The trial version of the service is to be made available to 5,000 of the bank’s customers who have an Android smartphone running KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones