ING has begun testing a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in the Netherlands after unveiling its plans to do so in June. The trial version of the service is to be made available to 5,000 of the bank’s customers who have an Android smartphone running KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022