ING has begun testing a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in the Netherlands after unveiling its plans to do so in June. The trial version of the service is to be made available to 5,000 of the bank’s customers who have an Android smartphone running KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends