ING has begun testing a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in the Netherlands after unveiling its plans to do so in June. The trial version of the service is to be made available to 5,000 of the bank’s customers who have an Android smartphone running KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies