Nine in ten US financial institutions have either begun issuing EMV debit cards or are planning to do so by the end of 2015, research from Pulse reveals. 25% of US debit cards — approximately 71m — will be migrated to chip by year-end, with this number expected to rise to 73% by the end of 2016 and 96% by the end of 2017.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards