Nine in ten US financial institutions have either begun issuing EMV debit cards or are planning to do so by the end of 2015, research from Pulse reveals. 25% of US debit cards — approximately 71m — will be migrated to chip by year-end, with this number expected to rise to 73% by the end of 2016 and 96% by the end of 2017.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform