Nine in ten US financial institutions have either begun issuing EMV debit cards or are planning to do so by the end of 2015, research from Pulse reveals. 25% of US debit cards — approximately 71m — will be migrated to chip by year-end, with this number expected to rise to 73% by the end of 2016 and 96% by the end of 2017.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa