Nine in ten US financial institutions have either begun issuing EMV debit cards or are planning to do so by the end of 2015, research from Pulse reveals. 25% of US debit cards — approximately 71m — will be migrated to chip by year-end, with this number expected to rise to 73% by the end of 2016 and 96% by the end of 2017.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card