UK restaurant chains ASK Italian, Zizzi and Carluccio’s are the latest to sign up to Qkr!, MasterCard’s mobile payment solution that lets customers pay their bill using their mobile device and MasterPass directly from the table. The service will be made available in all three chains from the end of the year. The QR-based payment system was introduced by UK restaurant chain Wagamama in March.
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit