More than half of US consumers (56%) don’t know what an EMV credit card is and 53% have not yet received one, research from Harbortouch reveals. 60% of consumers with an income of $25,000-$49,999 were unaware of EMV cards compared to 26% earning $150,000 and above. “Only 50.8% feel the technology will make them more secure,” the company adds.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends