More than half of US consumers (56%) don’t know what an EMV credit card is and 53% have not yet received one, research from Harbortouch reveals. 60% of consumers with an income of $25,000-$49,999 were unaware of EMV cards compared to 26% earning $150,000 and above. “Only 50.8% feel the technology will make them more secure,” the company adds.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain