More than half of US consumers (56%) don’t know what an EMV credit card is and 53% have not yet received one, research from Harbortouch reveals. 60% of consumers with an income of $25,000-$49,999 were unaware of EMV cards compared to 26% earning $150,000 and above. “Only 50.8% feel the technology will make them more secure,” the company adds.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands