Apple has added 46 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US, taking the total to more than 500. “Some important firms in the update include Citizens Bank, E-Trade Bank and the credit unions for MIT, Johns Hopkins and McGraw-Hill,” Apple Insider reports.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service