Chase has introduced Android and iOS apps for Chase Freedom cardholders that allow them to redeem cashback rewards at the register on their mobile phone. “Redeem by selecting the merchant and enter the amount of rewards to use,” Chase says. “Pay using a custom e-gift card created directly on the device.” Participating retailers include Starbucks, Target, Toys R Us, TGI Fridays and Regal Entertainment Group.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers