Chase has introduced Android and iOS apps for Chase Freedom cardholders that allow them to redeem cashback rewards at the register on their mobile phone. “Redeem by selecting the merchant and enter the amount of rewards to use,” Chase says. “Pay using a custom e-gift card created directly on the device.” Participating retailers include Starbucks, Target, Toys R Us, TGI Fridays and Regal Entertainment Group.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models