Chase has introduced Android and iOS apps for Chase Freedom cardholders that allow them to redeem cashback rewards at the register on their mobile phone. “Redeem by selecting the merchant and enter the amount of rewards to use,” Chase says. “Pay using a custom e-gift card created directly on the device.” Participating retailers include Starbucks, Target, Toys R Us, TGI Fridays and Regal Entertainment Group.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands